MK1Hook is a plugin for PC version of Mortal Kombat 1.
|60 FPS Patch||Removes 30 fps lock from supermoves, intros and menus. Check Issues section for possible issues.|
|Character Modifier||Play as NPCs. Change forced character in story mode or other modes. Read the text in the character tab for more info!|
|Kameo Modifier||Play as Kameos NPCs. Change forced kameo in story mode or other modes. Read the text in the kameo tab for more info!|
|Tag Mode||Allows to play in unused Tag mode in Versus or Practice.|
|Script||Call script functions to perform taunts and more!|
|Speed Modifier||Change game speed. Freeze world.|
|Camera Control||Freeze camera position & rotation. Freely move and rotate camera with keyboard hotkeys. Play in predefined modes: Head Perspective|
Extract mk1hook.zip to MK12\Binaries\Win64 folder of Mortal Kombat 1 (so that dsound.dll ends up near SDL2.dll).
If you are not sure how to find your Mortal Kombat 1 folder, search for it in your Steam library then right click on the entry and select Manage->Browse local files.
- dsound.dll - mod itself
- MK1Hook.ini - configuration file
If installed correctly, a notification will appear informing that the plugin was installed and is ready to use. By default F1 will open or close in-game menu.
- Changing game resolution will freeze the game with hook installed, ideally install the mod after setting game up.
- Slowmotion currently does not affect cinematics as its not using scripts function (similar as in MK9Hook).
60 FPS Patch Issues
- Various characters will have faces and/or eyes broken due to misssing 60FPS materials
- Cinematics are recorded in 30 FPS, so even when the framerate is 60 - they will appear in 30
- There’s an optional Invasions only toggle which can be set in the settings menu
MK1Hook can be configured using MK1Hook.ini file - you can open it with any text editor.
If you are not sure what to type where, here’s a quick reference guide:
b - option can be true or false
i - option can be any number in decimal (1) or hex format (0x1)
All options have a comment attached to them.